Social media advertising involves making use of social media platforms to create awareness and advertise your products or service. It is an approach used by companies to inform potential clients of the quality of the products or services. It requires implementing deliberate marketing actions to analyze the needs of target customers and taking necessary steps to reach them.
By developing social media strategy for your company:
- Increase in visibility: By publishing content regularly, you attract the attention of your audience thereby leading to expansion and constant visibility of your social profile or page.
- Building of recognition, trust and credibility: The presence of your company on social networks creates recognition, builds trust and also confirms the ability to respond and settle customers’ issues effectively.
- Improvement in communication with customers: By publishing engaging content, customers are drawn to like, comment and share such content which serves as an effective communication channel.
- In- depth knowledge of prospects: The information collected through customers engagement or follow-up on your content makes it possible to refine your knowledge on their needs and therefore of your offer.
- Reduction in cost of marketing: Social media strategy is organic which means it does not involve making use of an advertising campaign. Market cost is reduced by using this strategy and it will lead to profitability in the long run.
Also, as a company using a specific social media platform, it is advisable to focus on the following interests:
- Creating a channel of communication between your customers and other prospects.
- Personalizing your brand or product so customers can connect more with the service you are offering.
- Publishing relevant and engaging content.
- Offering valuable service or products so as to keep your customers happy.
- Getting referrals and recommendations from clients to other clients.
- Directing traffic to your company’s website and blog
Deciding on the right social channel to use is extremely important. There are two important questions you must ask yourself: “Where are my customers?” And “Where are my competitors?”
Also, you need to consider questions such as what your business is centered on, “Is your business active in B2B?” Then create a presence on LinkedIn and publish content that attracts a professional audience. Or “Is your business active in B2C?” Then create a social presence on Facebook or Instagram and publish engaging content that will attract potential customers.
Answering the following questions enables you to choose the right social network and to plan your strategy.
Social media advertising has gradually become a necessity for all kind of businesses because it gives access to your audience. Getting a large audience organically requires patience which is why most businesses opt for paid advertising in order to reach a larger audience faster and to also prompt quick response.
As a business owner or entrepreneur interested in running ads on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. It is essential that you read to the end of this article so as to learn how to create ads on social media platforms.
How To Run Social Media Advertising
Facebook is the most widely used social media platform in the world thanks to its (2.85 billion active users – Omnicore, June 2021). So advertising with this channel automatically creates access to a large pool of potential customers.
The following steps explains how to create ads on Facebook:
- Create a Facebook page and a Business Manager account: Business Manager is a section where Facebook ad accounts, pages, and all the other tools you need to manage your ads are located.
- Install the Facebook pixel: Without the Facebook pixel, it’s impossible to know if the ads have generated sales on your site. The pixel is a tracking code created from your Business Manager account that allows you to know all the actions carried out on your site by visitors who have clicked on your ads and also notes the advertising content generates the most conversions.
- Create Facebook Audiences: Audiences have a dedicated section in Business Manager where you can create lists of people most likely to like your brand or products. The section has several features that can help you build these lists.
- Create an ad campaign on Facebook: To create your first campaign, go to Ads Manager in your Business Manager account and click on the “Create” button and carefully select objectives for your campaign. The objectives should center your audience, your budget, location and the ad content, video or image that users will see.
- Launch your ad and optimize your Facebook campaigns: Launching the ad to set up your Facebook campaign is an important first step, but in order to be successful, you need to learn how to track ad performance and optimize your campaign over time.
Setting up an Instagram advertising campaign requires careful thought such as figuring out your goal, target and budget.
- Select a publisher and create a campaign through a Facebook tool like Ad managers
- Select your Ad objectives: To generate conversions, drive traffic to websites or to boost publications
- Choose an audience: Be specific about your target audience description
- Define the placement of advertisements: Decide if you will be linking it with Facebook
- Define a budget and a timetable: It could either be a daily budget or a campaign duration budget
- Create the content: Inclusive of attractive images and an appealing video
- Select a page and link: It could be your Facebook page and website
- Confirm the advertisement
- Monitor and report on performance
Posting ads on twitter requires the following steps:
- Set up your Twitter Ads account
- Select your Objectives: Twitter Ads Manager allows you to select your campaign objective such as stating if your intention is to direct people to your website or the number of people and amount of engagement you wish to see your sponsored tweets.
- Define your ad group and bid: This allows you to select how you want to set up your ads or use multiple ads to target multiple audiences but it is advisable that your first twitter ads campaign should be limited to one ad group and also a low price based budget.
- Choose your ad and location: Create a tweet specifically for your ad and choose the location for your advertisement.
- Target your audience: Be specific about your audience description.
- Launch your campaign: Once you are certain that all options have been entered correctly then you can launch the campaign.
YouTube allows from its interface to promote videos in order to reach a larger audience. To create a video ad, follow the steps below:
- Upload your video: This requires that you create a YouTube channel and also a Google AdWords account. (Learn more here: https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/ad-promotion).
- Create your Google Ads and configure it with your YouTube account: This is to enable you create and manage your ads.
- Launch and promote your ad: Google Ads enables promotion through different advertising formats.
- Configure your campaign: This allows you to select the objectives of your video campaign, choose your budget and auction type, determine your distribution network and target audience and also include a call to action.
- Analyze promotional campaign: This involves tracking your advert, audience, and interactions with your video as the campaign progresses. This will enable you to optimize your current and subsequent campaign.
To create marketing ads on LinkedIn, set up your business page and then:
- Log in to LinkedIn Campaign Manager to create your account and then create a campaign.
- Define the objective of your advertisement.
- Configure settings related to your target audience.
- Select the ad format you want to use. Most formats require your business name or a showcase page in order to continue.
- Enable the LinkedIn Audience Network feature if it is available.
- Set your budget
There are three most important forms of LinkedIn advertising and they are:
Sponsored Content: This involves promoting content that displays directly in your prospects’ news feed
Text Ads: This is promotion of content or a job offer which will be displayed on the side or on the waterline of the social network
Sponsored In Mails: This enables sending a message directly to a contact’s inbox.
Deciding to engage in social media advertising concedes your business to leverage on the wisdom and experience of consumers.
Also as an entrepreneur, you have the opportunity to get reviews from customers in the form of approvals and complaints.
Aside from this, you can choose to enlarge your coast by identifying with influencers. Or creating a virtual community for your loyal customers that can become brand ambassadors. And thus assist in increasing recognition for your brand.
The two most important requirements are to personalize your brand and create engaging content that will attract potential clients.
At Deyo Digital, we understand the importance of social media advertising for your business which is why we are capable of helping you optimize your content with SEO keywords so as to enable your business to get recognized quicker and faster.