If you follow our blog regularly, you should know why your business needs a b2b SEO agency, how to do keyword research successfully for your business by using small SEO tools. And how to drive traffic to your website.
However, there is more to learn. How do you know the current status of your website? How do you know if your blog or business website is doing great? How can you analyze how well your website’s online presence relates to best practices? How do you perform a regular health “checkup” for your website? What all these questions point to is “how to perform SEO analysis” on your website.
In this article, you will learn what SEO analysis is, how to perform SEO analysis for your website, benefits of SEO analysis for your business website or blog.
What is Small SEO Tools?
SEO analysis for a website is the process of evaluating, grading, or “analyzing” a website for its ability to appear on search engine result pages (SERPs). If you want your website to be relevant and come up on the first page on SERPs, then you shouldn’t take SEO analysis for granted as it is an essential of small SEO tools.
The criteria for search engine ranking have changed over the years. A while ago, tactics like keyword stuffing, tags, and using multiple microsites to drive traffic were used to rank on SERP. The criteria to rank are different now, and the algorithms will continue to change, hence, why you need a b2b SEO tools.
Small SEO Tools – Website Checker
Your website might have a beautiful well-designed layout, however, if you do not check your website’s SEO status, you just might not rank on Google. Performing an SEO analysis usually involves detailing both the structure and content components of your website for the factors that may affect its visibility.
A b2b SEO agency takes its time to fish out the issues relating to the health of a website by making use of small SEO tools which usually takes a couple of minutes depending on the size of the webpage.
This article has been structured to help you know how to perform an SEO analysis even as a new business owner. In performing an SEO analysis, there are some important factors to consider, including boosting your technical SEO.
Wondering how to boost your technical SEO? Let’s get into that quickly:
Small SEO Tools – Domain Authority Checker
In our previous article, we stated that Search Engine Optimization meaning works in three main ways: crawling, indexing, and ranking/serving, right? Technical SEO is a process of optimizing your website in a way that helps search engine spiders crawl and index your website contents, which results in high organic ranking. It involves fixing all technical issues relating to your sites such as speed, layout, domain name, navigation, user experience and interface etc.
Having the best content is not always enough. If your website has technical SEO issues; it will be a struggle to rank higher in SERPs. This is why you must take your time in resolving every technical issue and optimizing your website’s technical SEO.
Following the below practical steps to performing an SEO analysis will help you high rank on search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Identifying crawling errors with a crawl report: Google and other search engines crawl websites regularly to discover new or updated pages. Performing a site crawl on your website during SEO auditing will help you identify pages that cannot be crawled by search engines. This will also help you identify certain errors such as broken lines due to a URL change, often recognized as 404 errors or due to internal issues such as 500 errors. The small SEO tools that can help you identify errors include Screaming Frog and Netpeak Spider.
- Check HTTPS status codes: Search engine algorithms such as Google, Bing, Yandex, Yahoo etc. and of course your searchers and users are more comfortable with sites that are secured. The best way to secure your site is with https://URL. The “s” is the security tag. Insecure sites show up as http://URL.
- Use a Content Marketing Strategy: One of the best ways of performing an SEO analysis on your site is to ensure quality SEO content promotion. You may need to check for grammatical errors using small SEO tools such as Grammarly. Other tools that make your content top-notch include Pro-Writing Aids and Yoast Analytical Tool amongst others.
- Create and Optimize your XML Sitemap Status: Creating and optimizing a sitemap that lists your URL is the most basic way to direct spiders. A site map is a list of all the pages of a website within a domain. An XML sitemap is a text file with one URL per link. If your site is large, you need more than one site map.
Here are some ways to achieve this:
Step 1: Generate a server-side site map. You can use Bing Plugin, WordPress Plugin, or specialized ones like Google XML sitemap or Yoast’s an all-in-one SEO plugin that has more options to create a sitemap.
Step 2: Submit your sitemap in Bing Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console.
Step 3: Do not forget to add sitemap locations to the robots.txt file.
Step 4: Break (silo) contents into different categories with each category page linking to the post in that category so Google crawlers can land on any post and visit the entire or most recent posts on the category page.
Step 5: Get rid of errors.
- Check Site Load Time/Speed: Sites that take a longer time to load can keep visitors away. Several things may be responsible for a site’s slow load time including:
- Page sizes
- Unoptimized images and sizes that take more than 75% of a site’s page.
- High code to text ratio
- No cache information
These small SEO tools will help you determine your site speed: Google’s Page Speed Insight (it analyzes the mobile speeds of your site) and Pingdom’s Website Speed Test (which gives you the performance grade for your site including the load time status).
- Responsive/Mobile-Friendly websites: Ensuring a mobile-friendly site is very important because more people access the web via mobile devices. There are free tools you can run your website through to check if it is mobile-friendly. They include Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test, GTMetrix, HubSpot’s Website Grade, Bing’s Mobile Friendliness Test Tool etc.
- Audit for Keywords: With several keyword research tools, you can search for keywords relating to your niche. Keyword tools such as KWFinder helps you find the Cost Per Click and Pay Per Click competition, search volume, and keyword difficulty for your suggested keyword.
- DNS Setting: Check your DNS setting to ensure that bots don’t get an error of any kind when they crawl your site. The free audit tool, Google Search Console, and Pingdom can help you with that. Logging in to Google Search Console, click the “Current Status” on your dashboard. A green checkmark indicates your DNS is good. For Pingdom, it either gives you a signal that your site is clear or points out the issues you need to fix.
- Improve your UX (User Experience): Yet another way of performing an SEO analysis on your website is improving your user’s experience. This covers your consistent brand colors, to the use of images and videos in your content. And to make vital information easily seen and accessible to your users such as a “call-to-action” button, gives it the assurance of a social proof or testimonial from people who have used your product or service. All of these are vital in giving your users a wonderful experience when they visit your site. If done well, you can be sure that they will visit again. This will not only increase your website traffic but also boost your page’s search engine performance.
- Meta Descriptions: They are short descriptions you can use in attracting visitors to your site. Taking advantage of a short and unique meta description is one of the best ways to rank high organically. One SEO tool you can use is the Screaming Frog SEO Spider. This tool under the “Meta Description Tab” can help you tell whether your meta descriptions are unique or duplicated.
Small SEO Tools – Alexa Ranking
The aim of creating an SEO analysis report for our client(s) is to guide us on what step to take in the SEO campaign project as well as educate them on the status of their website. This report for our client should include the SEO factors in the categories, how the factors relate to the website we are trying to rank, and the actions to be taken to resolve the issues.
Here is a guide to performing an SEO analysis report:
- Start by listing out all the SEO factors and fill in the issues relating to each client’s website.
- Gather data using SEO small tools: These tools are website audit checklists that automatically inspect websites, providing grades for the client’s website categories and overall performance. This helps you know the pages of your website that need to be worked on, actions on how to solve it and fill in your SEO analysis report.
- Filling an SEO Analysis Report: Usually, this report table has the space to enlist the factors. For example, Factor- “Multiple Title Tags”, the description of the issue- “Search engines use title tags to categorize pages, thus, every page should have a unique title page to avoid confusing Google crawlers”; and the action to be taken- “Delete multiple tags”.
At Deyo Digital, a b2b SEO agency, we can help you with SEO audit small SEO tools in inspecting your website and implementing on the recommended actions. With the rapid changes in Google algorithms, we recommend you perform a regular monthly and a full SEO audit at interval especially after a major change on your site.