The sole aim of utilizing several SEO best practices is to increase or boost your business sales and generate profits. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has the potential to increase your sales; however, it is up to you to make it work by using the right SEO strategy. If you’re not paying attention to the right SEO best practices, your potential customers will be unable to find you on the search engine result pages (SERPs) and consequently, wouldn’t be able to purchase your products or services, which will, in turn, lead to little or no sales.
No matter how well your website ranks for the right keywords, if it doesn’t boost your sales by converting traffic to sales, converting leads into customers, and increasing conversion rates, there’s little or no use investing your time and money into SEO. So, you would ask, how can SEO meaning increase my business sales?
Your main goal of using SEO for your business is to get more return on investment (ROI), right? This post has been structured to let you know how SEO helps your business increase sales as well as ROI. We will discuss in detail the top 3 ways SEO meaning aid conversion rate.
Let’s dive in and get you started on how to increase sales through SEO meaning:
Top Best 3 Ways To Use SEO Meaning To Increase Sales
- Converting Website Traffic Into Sales
Conversion means when a user buys a product. Conversion happens when a visitor completes an action you want them to complete on your website. Depending on your goal, the action could be a click-through to the next page, a purchase, newsletter subscriber etc. If a web visitor takes this action, conversion is successful.
One of the major challenges with using SEO meaning to increase business sales is getting visitors or potential clients to take the actions that you want them to take. It is not enough to drive traffic to your site. Driving traffic to your business website is one thing, getting the visitors to take action such as purchases if you run an e-commerce site, and filling out contact forms if you are a B2B company, is another thing. Generating high ROI is the ultimate goal as high traffic doesn’t always mean high profits.
If you’re yet to know about how to increase your website traffic, check out our post here for practical steps on how to drive traffic to your website.
So, how do you optimize and convert website traffic to make revenue?
Below are SEO meaning strategies you can use to convert your website traffic into sales?
- Have a solid Email Marketing Plan: Email Marketing allows you to keep in touch with your visitors after their first visits preventing you from having a hit-and-run reader. Get their email address through a desirable lead magnet such as engaging content that requires them to give you their contact information in exchange for a piece of important information that helps to solve a problem that your targeted audience is likely to have.
Once you have their emails, take good advantage of welcome emails for new subscribers, triggered email series, contact segmentation, resending emails to non-openers, and powerful list-building tools. These show you care about your visitors and help you build trust for your brand such that when you present them with a sales offer in the latter days, they are likely to convert.
- Check your Bounce Rate: Bounce rate is an important factor to focus on if you want to increase sales using SEO meaning. Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who left your site after viewing only one page, without taking any action. A high bounce rate may be an indication that your homepage is boring or your content is not persuasive enough to convert sales. Attempt changing the tone of your content too.
- Track your Conversions: Having a conversion tracking system in place will help you ensure your paid traffic efforts are worthwhile and also monitor which traffic is generating leads. With this, you know the better campaign optimization and ROI options you can continue with.
- Reduce your Customer’s Risk: One of the ways to increase your sales online is to reduce any perceived risk that might hinder your potential client from becoming a customer. The assurance from the social proof or testimonial from people who have used your product or service is a good way to start.
- Utilize Conversion Rate Optimization(CRO) and A/B Testing: Conversion Rate Optimization helps you increase conversion on your website and it includes optimizing content for user experience, the design while A/B testing is aimed to help you drive your website optimization towards positive outcomes.
- Provide Valuable Content and Images: Leverage on contents and images on your websites, blogs, and newsletters; to connect with your audience’s needs. This shows your products and services can provide solutions to their problems.
- Offer Valuable Contents for all Purchases: Because not all potential clients are ready to purchase their first visit to your site, creating valuable content that involves different levels of interest may help you capture leads who are yet to identify your product or service as a solution.
- Embrace New Marketing or Sales Channel: Be open to new sales or marketing strategies with new startup. For example, you may use LinkedIn advertising or direct sales for B2B targeted products rather than Facebook ads.
- Converting Leads Into Paying Customers
Another way SEO increases sales is by converting leads into paying customers. A lead, in sales, is a person who identifies your product or service and may eventually become a paying customer.
We have put together six tips to convert your leads into paying clients.
- Don’t keep clients waiting: Most times, a client’s request is lost amidst thousands of messages in your mail and they end up losing interest or turning to your competitors instead if you don’t attend to them quickly. One simple way to avoid this is by redirecting mails coming from your websites into a priority box to be treated as soon as possible preferably within an hour.
- Focus on Meeting Needs: This can be a bit challenging and difficult as most SMEs are inclined to think about their product or service. However, thinking about how to solve your lead’s problems and letting them know what’s in your product for them can help you win over a lead and turn them into a paying client.
- Pay Attention to your Lead: One important aspect of turning your lead into a paying client is paying attention to your lead. Don’t go rambling about your product or service with your sales pitch. Rather listen to your lead problem which your product or service is capable of solving. Other times, you will need to educate your leads on a particular problem they do not even perceive yet and offer them a solution with your product or service.
- Follow-up Online Leads: Following up leads who don’t respond at first contact is a great way of converting leads into paying customers to increase your sales. Sending emails again or asking to add them to your mailing list is another way of keeping in touch and helping them remember your brand. However, do not pressurize them as it can turn them off.
- Choose one-click sign-up and sign-in options: Most people are impatient online including you. In converting a lead into a paying customer to increase your conversion rate, you should know that no Lead wants to go through a cumbersome process before purchasing your product or service. Also, minimize the form fields.
- Simplify your checkout and payment process: This implies ensuring it is easy for a lead to complete their purchase online.
Ignoring these simple but important tips to converting leads into a paying customer may cost you losing a potential client to your competitors.
- Increasing your Conversion Rates
Conversion rate optimization is the practice of ensuring your website is designed to optimize conversion. Increasing your conversion rate is yet another way of increasing sales through SEO meaning.
These are three conversion rates best practices:
- Focus on Call-To-Action: Call-to-actions are one of the most important aspects of optimizing your conversion rate as they encourage visitors to take action based on what the website is all about. It could encourage them to download or sign up for the email list. Call-to-action buttons when utilized well are capable of increasing your business sales.
- Leverage on micro-conversions: Understand that few customers make a purchase at the first visit and most times, the first visit is the best time to gain their trust and have them come back again. Little actions such as following your brand on your social media pages, signing up for your email list, and clicking on internal links are the small wins that add up to encourage visitors to purchase from you.
- Use Colors and Images: Consistent brand colors for your call-to-action buttons and the use of images and videos in your content can draw attention easily as most people are visually inclined.
SEO meaning is the key to the success of all modern businesses because it can increase your online visibility and boost sales by converting your web traffic into sales, help you convert leads into customers, and provide tools for increasing conversion rates. Engaging the above SEO best practices can encourage a visitor to take the necessary action to help you increase your business sales and ROI.
Need more information on how to increase your business sales using Search Engine Optimization?