As a new business owner, it’s definite that you have done some necessary research on the business you are venturing into. Knowing search engine optimization meaning is a prerequisite if you truly want to know the pros and cons associated with your new business. Making some important research is also a prerequisite if you are intending to build a brand. Building a brand requires you having to create a platform with the sole intention of revealing your presence online. Revealing your online presence says a lot about your business, its genuineness and credibility. There are so many ways you can create your brand by building a platform to show your presence.
As a new business owner though, you have to understand the fact that creating awareness for your business is more than having to build a personal or corporate brand. You need to be able to maintain that brand as well, and there is one key piece in being able to maintain your brand. SEO shouldn’t sound strange to you anymore, if you have done concrete research, you would surely have heard or have read about Search Engine Optimization meaning by now. Possibly you don’t understand how it works yet, but it is imperative that you acquire knowledge on why you need to have your personal or corporate brand platform optimized.
Are you looking to set up a personal brand or corporate brand for your new business? Then read through to understand why SEO is of utmost importance to building your brand.
Search Engine Optimization Meaning – Personal and Corporate Brand
In order to understand why you need to optimize your corporate brand platform with SEO, you need to first understand what search engine optimization meaning is all about. To have a brand, it is a necessity for your business as it aids recognition to potential clients.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and can be defined as a discipline of digital marketing that uses search intent which allows a website to be positioned in the search results. It can also be described as the art and science of making a webpage attractive and appealing to human and search engine algorithms.
This requires that you optimize your website and position your contents with keywords that will attract and bring you resourceful and qualified clients.
What is Branding?
Personal or Corporate Branding is a conscious and deliberate effort to create and influence public perception of you by positioning yourself as an authority in your industry and elevating your credibility to ultimately advance your business, increase your circle influence and have a larger or greater impact.
Let’s talk about Personal Branding
Being an entrepreneur or an online business owner, personal branding is actually the first step you take in creating awareness to your audience.
Personal branding platforms are basically the general social media platforms everyone including you use to connect socially during leisure time.
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. are platforms that have been created for the sole purpose of social interactions and is used all over the continent.
Using this social platforms to build influence is a deliberate and intentional act to create engaging activities that essentially drives your target audience to your contents and converts them into customers.
Search Engine Optimization Meaning – Personal Brand
There are ways and methods you can use to make your Facebook profile stand out from the crowd.
- Use a name that depicts the purpose of your page.
- Use a profile picture that reveals your identity and a Facebook banner that reflects your brand summary.
- Facebook page allows for featured image so use this to your advantage by revealing exactly what your brand is being created to offer.
- Add a call to action button. This enables your users to interact with your page or help learn more about your business. This could either be “Call now, Contact us, Subscribe now etc.”
- Use SEO keywords in strategic locations of your page i.e. about us, welcome note, etc.
- Include your contact details, your email and phone number
- Backlink your page on other channels. That is linking your Facebook page to your website and other social media channels.
This is a social but corporate platform, and it gives your new business an edge to rank high.
To optimize your LinkedIn profile, do the following:
- A professional display picture
- An header or banner that depicts the nature of your brand
- The use of headlines to define your brand
- Make use of the name pronunciation feature
- The use of cover video feature
- Your about section is simple and readable
- Make use of the featured session to show your work or achievements.
- Include your work experience
- Recommendations and endorsements
- Add License/certification if any.
You should know that your Facebook page and your LinkedIn profile are your personal brand. It gives you an identity but not a corporate identity. It defines you as an individual, not a firm or an organization.
To establish a corporate identity thereby building a corporate brand, you need to take some steps further. This involves having to create a website, make use of a blog or create a LinkedIn page for it.
Search Engine Optimization Meaning – Corporate Brand
This is the best platform you can create for your brand. A website gives you an official presence. You are not just an individual but a corporate entity. It creates recognition and accessibility. It gives your brand goodwill and credibility. Your website continues to find and secure new customers even after business hours. To increase recognition and awareness for your corporate brand though, you need to employ the use of SEO.
The point is that the Search Engine never stops running. People are always looking for one information or the other and the only method your website can be recognized as an answer to a search is when your website content is duly optimized.
The aim of using search engine optimization meaning is to rank your site in the top results. The most important goal here is to produce and maintain high quality content. You can start by making a list of twenty to fifty keywords that your potential clients will use in their internet searches to find your services. Pick terms that make you stand out and create content based on those keywords to drive traffic to your website. To optimize your website; optimize your on page SEO and off page SEO.
On page SEO is all about optimizing the pages of a website such as your headlines, Meta tags, etc. so that they are better positioned in the SERP (Search engine result page). This is basically done on the website.
Take note of the following technical aspects also:
- Mobile responsiveness
- Page speed is reasonably low
- Secured site through the HTTPs protocol.
- The architecture of your site must be coherent and organized
- Your markup should be consistent and should contain your targeted keywords
While Off page SEO focuses on everything that happens outside the website. This is possible through creating backlinks to be used on all social networks or other media. Backlinks are links from one website to a page on another website. The benefit of backlinks is in twofold. On the other hand, they can be a source of traffic when used by visitors to the referring sites they are on and on the other hand, they promote search engine optimization meaning. The backlink is generally carried out as part of an SEO strategy and its off site component.
It is also wise to make efforts to multiply the links to your site because these links are one of the main parameters that Google uses to rank on search results. The more inbound links to your site, the higher it will appear in the search results.
Both methods have the same objective and that is to increase it’s ranking in search results in order to come out on top.
What’s a website without a blog? Blogging is the best opportunity to release contents that provides answers to a search. When you provide optimized contents through your blog with SEO keywords, your content is bound to rank on top in the SERP.
As a new business owner, your blog is your corporate platform, it represents your online office where you get to show your clients the details of your work. The only way your blog can attract these potential clients in a quick amount of time is by ranking higher.
How do you optimize your contents for SEO? Use keyword tools. There are SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google search console, Ubersuggest, SEMrush, Mozbar, etc. These keyword tools are very easy to use with the right amount of research and understanding. As a small business just starting out, it is advisable that you make good use of any of these tools in order to rank high.
LinkedIn page is clearly not a corporate website but LinkedIn is a corporate platform and having a page on it is to your advantage. Your page serves as a representation of what your website has to offer.
Posting a fully optimized article on LinkedIn increases awareness for your page and website. You get clients from this page to your website.
Assessing the full opportunities of a LinkedIn page increases your corporate brand as a new business owner, and you build credibility and recognition.
The sole aim of utilizing several SEO best practices is to increase or boost your business sales and generate profits. SEO meaning has the potential to increase your sales; however, it is up to you to make it work by using the right SEO strategy. If you’re not paying attention to the right SEO best practices, your potential customers will be unable to find you.
No matter how beautifully designed your website appears, if it doesn’t boost your sales then you need SEO. So, you would ask, how can SEO meaning increase my business sales?
Your main goal of using SEO for your business is to get more return on investment (ROI), right? This post has been structured to let you know how SEO helps your business increase sales as well as ROI. We will discuss in detail the top 3 ways SEO meaning aid conversion rate.
Let’s dive in and get you started on how to increase sales through SEO meaning:
Top Best 3 Ways To Use SEO Meaning To Increase Sales
- Converting Website Traffic Into Sales
Conversion means when a user buys a product. Conversion happens when a visitor completes an action you want them to complete on your website. Depending on your goal, the action could be a click-through to the next page, a purchase, newsletter subscriber etc. If a web visitor takes this action, conversion is successful.
One of the major challenges with using SEO meaning to increase business sales is getting visitors to take actions. It is not enough to drive traffic to your site. Instead converting it into actionable clicks such as purchases, signing up, subscribe, etc. is another thing. Generating high ROI is the ultimate goal as high traffic doesn’t always mean high profits.
If you’re yet to know about how to increase your website traffic, check out our post here for practical steps on how to drive traffic to your website.
So, how do you optimize and convert website traffic to make revenue?
Below are SEO meaning strategies you can use to convert your website traffic into sales?
- Have a solid Email Marketing Plan: Email Marketing allows you to keep in touch with your visitors after their first visits preventing you from having a hit-and-run reader.
Once you have their emails, take good advantage of welcome emails for new subscribers, triggered email series, contact segmentation, resending emails to non-openers, and powerful list-building tools. These show you care about your visitors and help you build trust for your brand.
- Check your Bounce Rate: Bounce rate is an important factor to focus on if you want to increase sales using SEO meaning. Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who left your site after viewing only one page, without taking any action. A high bounce rate may be an indication that your homepage is boring or your content is not persuasive enough to convert sales. Attempt changing the tone of your content too.
- Track your Conversions: Having a conversion tracking system in place will help you ensure your paid traffic efforts are worthwhile and also monitor which traffic is generating leads. With this, you know the better campaign optimization and ROI options you can continue with.
- Reduce your Customer’s Risk: One of the ways to increase your sales online is to reduce any perceived risk that might hinder your potential client from becoming a customer. The assurance of testimonial from people who have used your product or service.
- Utilize Conversion Rate Optimization(CRO) and A/B Testing: Conversion Rate Optimization helps you increase conversion on your website and it includes optimizing content for user experience, the design while A/B testing is aimed to help you drive your website optimization towards positive outcomes.
- Provide Valuable Content and Images: Leverage on contents and images on your websites, blogs, and newsletters; to connect with your audience’s needs. This shows your products and services can provide solutions to their problems.
- Offer Valuable Contents for all Purchases: Because not all potential clients are ready to purchase their first visit to your site, creating valuable content that involves different levels of interest may help you capture leads who are yet to identify your product or service as a solution.
- Embrace New Marketing or Sales Channel: Be open to new sales or marketing strategies with new startup. For example, you may use LinkedIn advertising or direct sales for B2B targeted products rather than Facebook ads.
- Converting Leads Into Paying Customers
Another way SEO increases sales is by converting leads into paying customers. A lead, in sales, is a person who identifies your product or service and may eventually become a paying customer.
We have put together six tips to convert your leads into paying clients.
- Don’t keep clients waiting: Most times, a client’s request is lost amidst thousands of messages in your mail and they end up losing interest or turning to your competitors instead if you don’t attend to them quickly. One simple way to avoid this is by redirecting mails coming from your websites into a priority box.
- Focus on Meeting Needs: This can be a bit challenging and difficult as most SMEs are inclined to think about their product or service. However, thinking about how to solve your customers’ problems and letting them know what’s in your product. This can help you win over a lead and turn them into a paying client.
- Pay Attention to your Lead: One important aspect of turning your lead into a paying client is paying attention to your lead. Don’t go rambling about your product or service with your sales pitch. Rather listen to your lead problem which your product or service is capable of solving. Other times, you will need to educate your leads on a particular problem they do not even perceive yet. And offer them a solution with your product or service.
- Follow-up Online Leads: Following up leads who don’t respond at first contact is a great way of converting leads into paying customers to increase your sales. Sending emails again or asking to add them to your mailing list is another way of keeping in touch. And to help them remember your brand. However, do not pressurize them as it can turn them off.
- Choose one-click sign-up and sign-in options: Most people are impatient online including you. In converting a lead into a paying customer to increase your conversion rate is easy and straight forward. You should know that no Lead wants to go through a cumbersome process before purchasing your product or service. Also, minimize the form fields.
- Simplify your checkout and payment process: This implies ensuring it is easy for a lead to complete their purchase online.
Ignoring these simple but important tips to converting leads into a paying customer may cost you losing a potential client to your competitors.
- Increasing your Conversion Rates
Conversion rate optimization is the practice of ensuring your website is designed to optimize conversion. Increasing your conversion rate is yet another way of increasing sales through SEO meaning.
These are three conversion rates best practices:
- Focus on Call-To-Action: Call-to-actions are one of the most important aspects of optimizing your conversion rate as they encourage visitors to take action based on what the website is all about. It could encourage them to download or sign up for the email list. Call-to-action buttons when utilized well are capable of increasing your business sales.
- Leverage on micro-conversions: Understand that few customers make a purchase at the first visit and most times, the first visit is the best time to gain their trust and have them come back again. Little actions such as following your brand on your social media pages, signing up for your email list, and clicking on internal links are the small wins that add up to encourage visitors to purchase from you.
- Use Colors and Images: Consistent brand colors for your call-to-action buttons and the use of images and videos in your content can draw attention easily as most people are visually inclined.
SEO meaning is the key to the success of all modern business. This is because it can increase your online visibility and boost sales by converting your web traffic into sales. Also help you convert leads into customers and retain them for future purchases. Engaging the above SEO best practices can encourage a visitor to take the necessary action to help you increase your business sales and ROI.
Need more information on how to increase your business sales using SEO meaning?
The fastest way to gain recognition online is knowing Search Engine Optimization meaning and how it can build your brand.
There’s a limit to what personal branding can do for you, but the decision to build a corporate platform using SEO is your first real access to recognition and credibility. With the knowledge gained, you can take charge and command authority in your field or industry.
If you need help with your business, get in touch with an SEO specialist in our team and know the search engine optimization cost in Nigeria. Gain traction, generate high quality leads and higher conversion rates with Deyo Digital.