Pay-per-click – a type of paid advertising that’s useful for gaining more visibility and qualified traffic to your business. However, this type of campaign functions best with a PPC expert who knows her job.
Most business owners might be aware of the value that PPC advertising can add to their business. The pay-per-click methods of ads have grown past simple search ads to include other platforms such as social media publication.
Hiring PPC agencies come with its own challenges, mainly when it comes to the issue of the money spent and the results obtained. To get the best results, you need a PPC expert to monitor, adjust, and do more on researching and planning the best strategy. Guessing or engaging in trial-and-error work can lead to a wastage of your marketing budget.
Ultimately, with a PPC expert, you’re sure of great results, which shows that most times great results outweigh the costs. Moreover, PPC advertising is one of the most popular and successful types of online marketing – and research by Statistics shows that “Google and Facebook still hold the largest share of total US digital ad spend, with 38.6% and 19.9%, respectively.” With these statistics, let’s consider what you need to know before you hire a PPC expert.
A PPC Expert Meaning
A PPC expert aids businesses in setting up their campaigns, managing ad budgets, and tweaking their ads to attract traffic. They apply their knowledge of ad networks, keyword research and discovery, competitor research, and ad performance analysis.
She pays attention to cost per click (CPC), cost per conversion, click-through rate (CTR), and return on ad spend (ROAS). After they must have collected the data, they explain it understandably to you and your marketing team.
As a business owner, you can leverage the expertise of a PPC expert to know the best channels and keywords. A PPC expert will bring their knowledge on how to set up a successful PPC campaign.
The Skill Set of a PPC Expert
PPC is a challenging role that’s highly sought after and it takes a unique skill set to nail a PPC campaign. As a business owner, you should make sure that the PPC expert you want to hire has this skill set.
- Adaptability- Online marketing changes constantly and a PPC expert should be willing to make changes as well. They should recognize the need for change when things don’t go as planned. Also, they should have a plan in place to make all the necessary changes if things didn’t work out.
- Analytical- A PPC expert should spend time figuring out what will work for your campaign. An analytical mind is what helps him/her to look at the numbers and be able to analyze them to improve your campaign performance.
- Creativity- A PPC expert should be creative enough to make a campaign successful. They should have the ability to craft a compelling copy for your campaign and the use of creative visuals that fit your ads.
- Organization and Time Management- They should know how to handle time-consuming tasks effectively to produce the desired results for your campaign.
- Consumer Understanding- A PPC expert should understand your brand and customer very well to determine the customer’s intent. With this, they will be able to come up with the right placements, keywords, and compelling copy for your display ads.
- Hunger for Knowledge- PPC is a job that demands constant learning. The level of research is endless, so a PPC expert should have a hunger for knowledge and also the willingness to learn new ways of doing things.
- Passion for Trying New Things- They should be open-minded to try new things. The passion to try new things will help a PPC expert get the best results for your campaign.
Psychology of PPC Expert
A PPC expert must understand the importance of the psychology of language in PPC advertising. This is the driving force that will keep them in investigating and finding ways to generate more click-through for your campaigns. It helps them understand your target customers and use the words they use in crafting your copy.
They understand the use of the art of persuasion through content creation to appeal to their target audience. They know what to say and how to say it perfectly to stir up the needed actions from the customers.
A PPC expert uses the art of persuasion to trigger emotions to get the results you want for your business. They do this by generating searchers’ intent on what their needs are at the moment.
Why You Should Hire a PPC Expert
You might be wondering why you should hire a PPC expert when you have an in-house marketing department. Hiring a PPC expert helps you to invest your money confidently into channels that are backed up by data. But hiring a PPC expert comes with a well informed knowledge transparent communication for maximum return on investment (ROI).
PPC Expert Criteria
Any PPC expert you plan to hire should be knowledgeable in paid online advertising. With the right questions, you will be able to know if a PPC expert can generate traffic and drive sales for your business. Read on to know PPC questions to ask them to know the level of their PPC knowledge.
- How will you boost my Google Quality Score? You want to know the proficiency of the PPC expert in Google’s ad process, and this includes Ad Rank, auctions, and Quality score. The expert should be able to maximize your ads and get more clicks via these elements. PPC auctions have to do with your Quality Score and the bid amount. A PPC expert must be proficient in modifying your ad campaign for a higher conversion rate and lower conversion costs. Ad Rank helps in placing your ad in a position relative to ads bidding for the same keywords. The work of a PPC expert is to help your ad be in the top position on search results to be able to get a reasonable CPC.
- How do you carry out keyword research? Keyword – a term people type in the search engine that matches them to your website. It’s a vital component in both search and display ads. Display ads are a type of ad that uses keywords to assist ads on a website to your target audience. With keywords, you will attract your most promising prospects, so you need to know if the PPC expert has the keyword research techniques and tools. Keyword research starts on Google suggestions. When you start typing for terms in the search bar, Google provides terms related to your initial terms. Your aim is to go beyond this level of research and dig deep into your niche and the search intent behind the keywords.
- What are your steps of testing ad copy? Understand that not every message resonates with your potential customers. The simplest details like punctuation can add or remove from the PPC campaign performance. She has to run tests that compare different factors in your ads, and it’s good for you to have an idea of their testing methods. Perform split testing, which is comparing the performance of a copy on two different groups to know the one to use. Ask questions to know if they consider the following: Pricing, Punctuation, Emotional appeal, Call-to-action (CTA), Numerical values, Abbreviations. With the above questions, you will be able to know how experienced she is in executing ad copy testing via their explanations before you hire him.
- Should I make changes to my landing pages? When a prospect has been drawn in through a click on your ad, don’t relax because the work is not done. As they move down your sales funnel, a thought-out pitch must be on your landing page to drive sales or conversions. Having a PPC expert look at your landing pages is a way of knowing their expertise in PPC. Your headline and the content should be able to keep and motivate the prospects into taking the desired action.
- What is your approach to social media PPC ads? The rise of social media has made PPC campaigns more lucrative on various platforms. Facebook and Instagram have a well-defined set up for advertising and should be able to pinpoint a group of qualified leads and know where to place the ad. Also, she should be able to tell you the best channels among the social media, where to advertise.
- What’s your minimum monthly ad spend? Every PPC expert has a minimum monthly ad spend. And the reason is that if you restrict them with a low budget, they won’t be able to compete for keywords or even cover all the areas your campaign should. Finding out from a PPC expert what their minimum ad spend is monthly will give you an idea if they are the right choice for your business and advertising budget as well. Understand that the more ad spends you have available, is the more aggressive you can be with your PPC marketing. And it will help you cast a wider net and advertise for a longer time.
Understand that PPC campaigns are useful to every business industry – they are used in generating more sales and revenue. Boosting your campaign with a PPC expert launches your digital advertising efforts more to your prospects.
At Deyo Digital, we run PPC campaigns on Google search engine, Facebook, and Instagram to drive conversions for your business.